[brown chickpea salad, salad recipe, tasty chickpea salad recipe]
Brown chick peas, also known as garbanzo beans are a very good source of fiber and protein and a very good food for diabetic patients. In this recipe I share 2 ways of preparing Brown chick pea salad that are tasty and at the same time low in calorie.
Brown chickpea (2 x 250 gms), onion (1/2 of a medium size onion), Green chili (1or 2), few drops of lemon juice, salt (according to taste), fresh coriander leaves (for garnishing), cucumber (1/4th of a normal size cucumber, for variation I) or potato (1 medium size, for variation II).
10 to 15 minutes.
- Soak brown chick peas overnight or pressure cook them till they are bitable.
- Finely chop onion, green chili and coriander leaves.
- For variation I also chop the cucumbers.
- Mix all of them in a bowl adding salt and lemon juice and it is ready to eat.
- For variation II, chop potatoes in bite size pieces. Boil them or pressure cooks them till they are tender. Remove the skin. Mash it little with hand and add in the bowl with chopped onion, green chili and coriander leaves. Add salt and lemon juice as required. The salad is ready to be served.
Eat healthy, stay fit!
Have you tried this recipe already? How do you like the taste? If you have made it differently, I will be glad to learn your method of preparing it.