[RSS feed guide, how to add customized RSS feed icon, customize your rss feed icon, guide to add rss feed icon]
What is RSS?
What is RSS?
RSS (full form: Rich Site Summary) is a web feed format used to publish frequently updated web contents, such as blog entries, news headlines and other online publishing.
Benefits of RSS
- You can easily stay informed about your favorite sites. RSS retrieves the latest content from those sites.
- You do not need to visit each of your favorite sites individually.
- You keep your privacy by not joining to email newsletter distribution list.
- If you have a blog or website, putting RSS feed of your site will help to increase traffic from search engines.
- For the publisher, it creates a new income stream from selling advertising space.
- Go to the option Design => Layout.
- On Layout, click on Add Gadget option on right side.
- Give a title something like "Subscribe via RSS" or anything which you like.
- In the Content box, copy and paste following code, replacing "Your Blog URL" and "YOUR RSS PICTURE URL" with proper links:
<a href="YOUR BLOG URL/rss.xml" title="Subscribe via RSS">
<img alt="Subscribe via RSS" src="YOUR RSS PICTURE URL" /></a>
my blog URL is: http://www.joydeepdam.com
my RSS picture URL is: http://feedburner.google.com/fb/images/pub/feed-icon32x32.png.
So the final code for me is:
- Save the gadget and your layout.
- Finally it is up to you where to put the gadget. I would suggest somewhere which can be immediately and easily visible for the blog reader.
I hope this post will help you to put your own customized RSS Feed icon. Subscribe here or click on the icon on top right side for the updates. Feel free to criticise, share and "Like" the page.